Monday, August 29, 2011

Proust Questionnaire

I love answering questions which make me think. I found this Proust questionnaire somewhere on the net. Lets see how do I fare in it. . .
What is your idea of happiness?
The idea keeps on changing. All those clichés about getting in the first rain, the roses, the first kiss, the cup of coffee at midnight makes me happy. People, places, weather, clothes, children is a sign of happiness as well. In spite of this, the greatest thing to give me happiness is the idea that I can be happy on my own. I do not need to depend on anything or anyone to make me happy. I can be happy anyways just like that. I believe that the greatest happiness lies in my ability to be alone.
What is your greatest fear?
To be non-productive or futile in any of my work. Life has given me so much in terms of knowledge, love and care. There is no time when I don’t think of giving it back to the people I care. I would die if I feel anything I am doing is worthless or I am not being productive enough. I am always searching for something to focus on so that I can bring out my knowledge, experience or wisdom in some form or other.
Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Sourav Ganguly. Of course he is already a history now.
Which living person do you most admire?
My Maid. In fact all maids. Hats off to them. I always wonder how they find the courage to clean other people’s dirt and shit everyday with such dedication.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Being non experimental. I love my own comfort zone and rarely do I think of getting out of it and trying new things. It has cost me lots in terms of work and relationship. I am scared of even hitting some wrong keys on my computer or taking some different turn while driving home. I just don’t like to change.
What is your greatest extravagance?
Evening 5-7 pm, a cool breeze, balcony with a view of a hill or vast expanse of green land, a bean bag, a hot coffee and an excellent book.
Afternoon 2-4, a heavy downpour outside with lightening and all, a warm bed and a cozy blanket, a full meal with a chocolate cake desert, a 2 hour afternoon siesta
What is your favorite journey?
Anyone which starts by evening 5-5.30 pm and ends at 10-10.30. And which allows me to have the window seat by the car or the train or the flight.
Who is your favorite artist?
It has to be Gulzar. His words spill magic every time I read them.
What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Love. It has been the most talked about and most misunderstood virtue of all times. Love was, is and will be there everywhere in its over encompassing forms all over. Period.
On what occasion do you lie?
When I feel my privacy is being threatened or someone is getting too personal or too much inside my mind.
When I do lots of shopping and I don’t wanna let anyone know.
What do you dislike most about your appearance?
My broad forehead. I would have looked much better with a shorter one.
Which living person do you most despise?
All who don’t let go of things or emotions. People who hold on to bitter thoughts, grudges or hatred.
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Sahi. I mean – seriously. Full too.
What is your greatest regret?
That I was not born in Mumbai, that I didn’t opt for a journalism degree after my HSC, that I still don’t have enough courage to leave IT and pursue my dreams in writing.
What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Everything
What is your present state of mind?
Happy of course. I am always happy no matter what.
How would you like to die?
At the age of 65 when I am still very much healthy and active, peacefully in my sleep with the most content smile on face.
What is your favorite motto?
-: All our happiness comes from the ability to be alone :-

3 comments:

  1. Nice Janahavi..this is the girl i know who hasnt changed a bit..miss u..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Janhavi,

    Thank you for revealing yourself. It will be easier to speak with you, now that you have let me know you a little better. I know what to accept in you.

    Get out of THOSE YOUR comfort zones! You can only be productive if you invite change. Follow your dreams.

    Keep in touch.

    Peace and love,
    - Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joe Sir,

    Thanks once again for the comment. Its really a confidence booster, a vitilizer in every sense.
    will definitely try and follow ur words and surely will be in touch.
    Thanks again.

    Dear Mridu . . .
    Please come to pune sometime. .
    there are lots of things to be shared and discussed.
    :)

    ReplyDelete